A Student-Centered Model
What We Do
We follow a hybrid homeschooling model where students meet from 1 to 20 hours/week together to collaborate on projects and ideas, as well as work on individual level based materials online and in person. Students work from 6-8 hours outside class at home for our full program. Our micro-school is designed for 5-15 students. Think of a modern one-room schoolhouse offering tutoring, guidance, and socialization for grades 3-8.
Through leadership, communication, ingenuity and the classics, we build valiant hearts and minds. While pursuing life‐long learning, cultivating character, and lifting others we find joy.
• Become a life-long learner, work hard, and challenge yourself. Learning must come from within.
• Develop and support their interest in and passion for the arts, science, leadership.
• We set high standards and strive for all students to become independent, self-motivated, collaborative and courageous learners who are well prepared for college and beyond.
• We believe in educating the whole child in Reading, Writing, Arithmetic, and Character.
• Students learn with blended learning and projects based assignments in a faith-friendly environment.
• Our ten character values constitute our core values: Courage, Curiosity, Unity, Stewardship, Positivity, Gratitude, Compassion, Integrity, Forgiveness, Respect.
• Well–rounded and dignified students find joy in serving others through community service.
• Recognize parents as a powerful tool for good in and out of the classroom.
• We take pride in our students, our mentors, and our reputation.
Valiant Hearts and Minds
Computers and technology are amazing learning tools, but they are not the full picture without a mentor and interaction with peers. Blended learning combines it all together to empower self-directed learners.
Learning is different from person to person. We encourage students to make goals and be a part of the discussion for their learning objectives. Online tools and mentors help meet a variety of learning styles.
Project Based Learning
Group and individual projects to enhance learning and encourage thinking and effort. Connection with real-life, these projects are meaningful. Lots of ingenuity and communication involved.
What is a Micro School?
If you're not familiar with micro-schools, that will soon change.
Micro-schooling is the reinvention of the one-room schoolhouse,
where class size is typically smaller than that in most schools and there are mixed-age level groupings.
Generally, micro-schools do not meet all 5 days of the school week.
Hybrid Homeschooling is also a term used to define micro schooling where
it is a cross between private school and homeschool.
Tutors and parents work together to create a complete learning experience for the student.
The micro school/ hybrid school opportunity lies in the fact that we have:
Small Learning Communities
Lower Operation Costs
Nice to Meet You!
We love building a community in education with you.
Candace & Bear Lehenbauer
What our customers are saying
Inspired. Creative. Dedicated. This is how I would describe Candace Lehenbauer. I have had the privilege of working with Candace on several occasions and in various capacities: she was my pianist when I sang; alongside her as an educator; under her direction when she directed our co-op. She is a wonderful, patient teacher with a passion for music and a love for children. She is a strong leader with a clear vision and drive. I would highly recommend Candace in any educational capacity.
Fran Bushman - Voice Coach
Peak Vocal Academy